The chakras are our seven internal energy centers that store information and distribute life force throughout the brain and body. They influence every aspect of our lives: our physical health or lack of it, our psychological hang-ups, and even our destructive or beneficial habits and attitudes. By learning how to open the chakra “doorways” you can transform your body, mind, and spirit.
This recording offers a clear explanation of what the chakras are and how they function. It also includes a variety of practical, hands-on guided meditations and visualizations for each chakra, allowing you to quickly and easily feel the healing power deep within you. Each meditation is accompanied by the peace-filled music of world-famous composer Swami Kriyanada (J. Donald Walters).
- Introductory talk: What the chakras are, and what they do (23:56)
- Locating each of the 7 chakras (5:44)
- Meditation on the Earth Element of the 1st chakra (2:50)
- Meditation on the Water Element of the 2nd chakra (1:51)
- Meditation on the Fire Element of the 3rd chakra (2:46)
- Meditation on the Air Element of the 4th chakra (4:10)
- Meditation on the Ether Element of the 5th chakra (2:07)
- 6th chakra meditation (the spiritual eye) (2:00)
- For the 7th chakra: Introduction to "Samadhi" (00:57)
- The poem "Samadhi" read by Swami Kriyananda (9:14)
- Introduction to chanting AUM at the chakras (2:11)
- AUM-ing the chakras (8:59)
- Chanting waves of AUM (3:21)
- Meditation on the sound of the gong (2:54)