The Book of Bhrigu and Free Will: Talk by Swami Kriyananda
We long to be free — free from the pressures of work, or the demands of others. Free to do as we feel inspired. This desire for freedom is one of our deepest drives. We want to captain the ship of our lives, and feel that we are in charge. But wherever we end up, we discover one inescapable problem. We've taken ourselves with us. “Wherever you go, there you are,” goes the old saying. Our habits and tendencies are so strong, we find ourselves thinking and doing the same things over and over. Even if we could escape our personalities, we are also influenced by the great ocean of humanity around us.
What, then, is freedom? How can it be achieved?
Interestingly, Swami Kriyananda begins this talk by sharing his Book of Bhrigu readings in India. Written by Bhrigu, a saint who lived thousands of years ago, these readings describe many people living today with extraordinary accuracy. Swamiji had two readings which were so exact, he pondered deeply whether we had any free will, given that so much about us could be known millennia in advance.
In this talk, Swamiji shares:
- His two Book of Bhrigu readings in detail, and how startlingly accurate he found them
- How can we have free will, if the details of our lives can be predicted by some ancient text?
- Is free will the ability to do anything we want?
- Do the saints and Masters have free will?
- What is true freedom?
- Four essential rules for achieving freedom
This product has no reviews yet.